Jan 20, 2011

Pretty of the week: Rozen Maiden

Lately I've been noticing that I've been drawn to reds, a color I've never really thought much of before. It all started with a Bodyline dress and a red riding hood shirt I plan to turn into a cutsew. But now it seems I can't get enough of all the pretty red things. And this is a set that really takes the cake. The delicious red velvet cake with creamy icing and pretty rose decorations. And now I'm getting hungry.

The intricate detail in this dress, while a little over-the-top with all the ruffles and draping, actually comes off as subtle.And while it's a JSK and a blouse rather than an OP, it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. The embroidery, which I prefer much more than prints, is a work of art in silver and gold that truly makes this a dress for a princess.
This is one of those dresses that I will likely never have, but will look at often and smile. It's just so very elegant. I'm dreaming of royal balls and dances in rose gardens under starlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment