Jan 7, 2011

Pretty of the week: Dance of the Black Cats

I'm not really all that into brands. They cost more than I can come up with on a good year and, since I've never had a Baby or AP dress, I don't really know what I'm missing to actually, you know, miss it. But there are a handful of prints and designs that come out that I just have to stop and stare at for a while before coming to terms with the contents of my wallet.

This is one of those. As if the fun sketchy sort of style of the design, the colors, the way it reminds me of one of my best friends, the little swirls and roses and the gorgeous off the shoulder poofs weren't enough, there are little paw prints on the piano keys. I'm not really even that much of a music person, but I've always thought that instruments have an elegant aesthetic and almost seem a little magical with their gleaming golds and silvers and creating music out of thin air. And paw prints! Paw prints are adorable.

I'm utterly in love with this dress. If I ever manage to win the lottery I'll be sure to wear it to see a Broadway musical or to a fancy concert. Perhaps to Phantom of the Opera.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my faourite Prints! I hope to get it in black one day :3

    ReplyDelete