Jun 7, 2011

30 Day Challenge – Turn the music up!


Back from a bit of crazy with a lot of things to talk about, from RCFM to Harry Potter World to moving to Florida to books to buying and wearing my first loli wig to… well just a lot of things. But it’ll take a few more days on a normal sleep schedule to sort through them enough to make a post. Lucky for you I’ve got a challenge to work on until I can do that.

Day 8 – 10 songs that inspire you for lolita
This is a little difficult, because my musical tastes run absolutely all over the place and on top of that I can’t really say which, if any, of these songs inspire me specifically as a lolita. But all of them inspire me in some form or another,  be it just cheering me up, tied to certain characters in writing or make me feel like picking up my art supplies.


RocketSummer – A song is not a business plan
While I don’t write song, or perform music of any sort unless you count singing loudly and off-key in the car when nobody can hear, I love the message in this song. Say what you mean, and not because someone else said it,  but because it's what you feel.


Pink – Raise Your Glass
It’s a fun song, and a fun message of being who you are and just having fun with it. Though, it may cause speeding when played in the car. Just saying.


Lady Gaga – Born This Way
Um, you had to know this was coming, right? I mean, really. It was pretty obvious.


Wicked – Defying Gravity
If there was ever an epic, inspirational song then this is it. Besides coming from an awesome source, the song is just amazing on it’s own.


Owl City – Hot Air Balloon
To me, this is kinda a description of a perfect day. Not necessarily riding in a hot air balloon or anything, just the feel of it. I remember one Saturday going out in the morning with my husband without any sort of plan. We went to an art fair, shopped in antique stores, drove around, ended up at a random zoo where I got to feed a baby dear, and just spent time together and doing anything we wanted at the time. And it wasn’t even about what we did that day, either. It was just that we had freedom to do it and no plans to follow. That was an absolute perfect day and one of my favorite, most cherished memories. The song always makes me think about that.


Hot Chelle Rae: Tonight, Tonight Lyrics
La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well, la la la
This is a song for a bad day. Because those little things are just little things.


DBSK – Balloons
Ah. DBSK. You have made the greatest, cutest music video to ever exist ever. Beyond being utterly adorable to watch and pretty bouncy to listen to, the lyrics when you find a translation are just as sweet: during my childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying away.  


In-Mood feat. Juliette - The last unicorn
What kind of list would it be without a reference to TLU? I love the original version from the sound track, but this is my favorite. It’s just so dreamy – with a victorious ending.


The Civil Wars – Poison and Wine
This is a specific song for a project I’m working on with my husband – one that I don’t want to say too much about just yet. But other than that, it’s the perfect bittersweet love song and just plain gorgeous.

Be sure to keep an eye open in the next week - as soon as I can get some decent photos of the prize there will be a giveaway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment