May 18, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Love!

Day 2 - 10 things you love in lolita

The elegance of it! It's just so charming and beautiful with all the intricate details and lace. The way things are just so. It's much harder to have a bad day when you're dressed in something so amazing.

The way it makes me feel and the way it can make other people smile. I always feel like I'm bubbling over with happiness when I'm out in my frills. And quite litterally it seems that the feeling is catching. I don't think I can walk past a little girl without her getting excited about the princess. And older women always find it so charming. It's not just the clothes that make me feel good - it's also making other people feel good.

Sweets! When you're dressed like this no one gives a second look to haw many sweets you eat. :P

The way it's encouraged me to learn things - everything from how to judge lace and fabrics to how to fix my hair just so to new crafts.

Embroidery. No it's not really strictly lolita, but lolita led me to it and it's now something I love.


Lolita friends! I've met so many amazing people through the fashion! They're all so much fun and I love getting to hang out with them, even if the opportunities come less frequently than I like. Each and every time I see them is extremely special.

Playing with my personal style. I have one type of look that I truly love, but at the same time there are days when I just want to have fun with what I'm wearing. Lolita really allows you to do what you want with it and to play with all of the different sub styles.

Strawberry shaped bags. I know, there are tons of different bags. But I adore my strawberry bag so very much!

Prints! I don't have many, simply due to cost, but I love all the different prints and embroidery patterns on the skirts and dresses.

Wish lists! I know most things on them will be a very long time in coming, but I love having goals and being able to daydream about having those things. Those dream dresses give me a reason to work hard and cheer me up when I'm having a hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment