Oct 22, 2011

Reveiw: Cock Robin's Songs, Chess Story, Fox Cherry

I order a few dresses a while back, and decided that I would get some bows to match, I found these with the help of Doris from Taobaospree. She definitely gets and A+ for this order. Not only did she direct me to great shops, but the items arrived on my birthday!

First up is Cock Robin's Songs. I got two headbands, both of which I really like.

They're both pretty simple, but I normally prefer simple bows I can add to rather than fancier bows.

This was my favorite. The lace is nice and thick and the color is perfect give it an antique sort of feel.

Lots of texture.

The headband itself has thinner lace on it. It's not really visible when worn, but I love the that they added that detail anyways.

I still need to fix this one from shipping. It turned out darker than expected, but the dress I'm wanting to match has many shades of red, so it still matches the intended dress. It also works with one I already had because it's darker, so my disappointment was very short lived. It's a nice thick velvet ribbon and very firm. Once I iron it out it should hold it's shape really well.

The headband is very plain on this one, but is nice enough - especially since it was such a good price.

Next is Chess Story. Another one Doris directed me to.
I got only the one over-sized bow. It's not exactly my style, but I've been wanting a one to try out and if I didn't care for it I had things to go with my blue dress, so it was a good chance to experiment.

The color and lace are nice, as is the fabric.

The key charm is a nice touch, but is also removable so it can fit different styles.

The back. Everything is finished very neatly and the headband is wrapped in matching fabric. It did shift around just a bit when I tried it on, but I didn't have the problem when adding it over my wig.

Fox Cherry is last. I know I post about this shop often, but with good reason. This time I ordered on of their basket bags, because I just love baskets but mostly buy vintage ones that don't always hold up well to everyday use.

It really is that pretty. It's also sturdy and nicely put together.

The flowers.

The bow has a little bird cage charm dangling off it.

It's really big, as Alyss demonstrates. It's a little large for everyday I think, but perfect for events when you'll be out all day. Also great for craft fairs and the like, as it will hold everything you need as well as small purchases.

My only complaint is that the handles are rather small and there is no shoulder strap, so I can't carry this bag and a parasol at the same time.

I've always gotten a little bonus when I order from Fox Cherry. Normally a small clip or key chain. This time, however, I got a really nice surprise - the polka-dot headband I'd posted about before! I'd been planning on ordering it, but now I have a free one. It really made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment