Jan 26, 2012

We Are Lovely


This morning I made a grocery run. It's a boring thing, something so every day that you never consider it may give you something to think about much less blog about. I filled up my cart with the essentials and a pack of donuts (I've been on a bit of a kick the past few days) and was rolling my purchases out to my car when I passed by the cutest little toddler. She had curls that looked something between River Song and Shirley Temple only more of a soft banana yellow and she was obviously a bit upset at her mother. As I was passing the pair the tiny little girl stamped her little foot and said - rather crossly - a bit of wisdom that made me pause.

We don't need to weigh ourselves! We are lovely!

There are so many that think little of their appearance. So many that let it damage their confidence. So many that judge themselves on their weight. Their hair. Their nose. Their skin. Their height.  So many that feel as if imperfections in appearance makes them less somehow.  'I could be a better lolita if-' 'I would be so much prettier if-' 'I would be happier if-'

That is simply not true. Each and every person is special and perfect in their own way. 

We are lovely.

You are lovely.

1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely and so true, but it's so easy to to fall victim to negative thoughts about yourself when all around us we see constant messages that we're never good enough, not only from other people but in the media to.
    The biggest thing to ever make me happy about myself was the realisation I already was and I didn't need to change anything after all, I wish more people could see that about themselves.
    Variety is the spice of life :)

    ReplyDelete