Aug 19, 2011

Craft Project: Poofs

I bought a new wallet at the Sanrio store last month that came with a large pink poof on the zipper. Poofs are adorable in every way, but the wallet itself was a little on the chubby side as far ar wallets go and such a large poof made it difficult to get in and out of my purse. So I replaced it with a pink crystal heart and then had an adorable poof begging for crafting. I made a charm for my DS, which had been charmless for far too long, and fell in love with poofs. After a bit of asking I was told how to make my own poofs. While I had no fur to try this with, I did have some left over wooly backed sued from making my bear hat. And the poof mania set in.

I stuck to charms for the first two trial poofs, but then was unable to help it. And I made brooches. I love making brooches.

This one was really simple and I'm planning to make a tutorial soon. After my fingers recover a bit - forcing the needle through the fabric was a bit hard.

This one is a new take on the wire wrapped steampunk keys I've been making for the past few years. I really like the way it turned out and am already planning to make more of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment